Everyone says they want to change the world. We're looking for people who actually will.
ADF International is a faith-based legal advocacy organization that protects fundamental freedoms and promotes the inherent dignity of all people. As the Director of Media & Communications, you are a vital part of the International Team. In this role, you will report to the Executive Director and are responsible for successfully communicating our mission to a broad audience that includes like-minded and mainstream media, churches and ministry friends, thought leaders and public intellectuals, as well as our growing network of allies. You will manage, write, edit, and distribute written, audio, and visual communications digitally and in print. This includes leading a communications team that writes press releases, op-eds, newsletters, develops audio-visual content for social media and our website, and performs a public speaking role where opportunities allow. Additionally, you will help create the content for direct response projects and integrated multi-channel fundraising campaigns for ADF International.
In this position, you will:
- Manage a growing communications team
- Proactively think about, have others write and write yourself on topics related to our issues
- Direct ideation and creative meetings and assist in identifying and developing innovative ideas.
- Oversee the production of press releases, commentaries, opinion pieces, and news stories.
- Stay connected with journalists, writers and key influencers to discuss and generate content related to our issues on all media channels.
- Direct the production of engaging and inspiring stories for development initiatives, explaining the global, long-lasting impact of ADF International’s work.
- Update relevant website pages and assist with the timely send-out of newsletters and other digital communications.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to leverage direct response activities in the digital space.
- Ensure all vendors work to deliver the communications product according to strategy, brand corridor, and highest excellence possible.
- Reinforce general creative direction, consistent tone, voice and adherence to the lexicon and brand platform throughout all communications.
- Review, edit, and proofread texts for all media channels and ensure that the content aligns with our brand and lexicon.
- Support and drive necessary editing of the writing of other team members.
Skills You Need to Succeed:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel),
- WordPress (beneficial)
- CRM software like Salesforce (beneficial)
- Mass mailers like MailChimp or Pardot (beneficial)
- Adobe Creative Suite (In Design) (beneficial)
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Leadership skills for managing a highly skilled team of professionals
- Strong writing skills in English (journalistic style)
- Organizing and paying attention to detail
- Another major language is a plus.
- Work, motivate, and initiate within a team and independently
- Create content for campaigns of varying sizes and complexity under deadline.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, international relations, business, politics, law or similar subject preferred,
- 5- 10 years of equivalent work experience.
Ansprechpartner: Leen den Blauwen